Vist: 3344 gange.

NoNig

Elitebruger
Tilføjet:
01-02-2012 16:04:24
Svar/Indlæg:
23132/740
Hi there

I've been thinking of replacing my Popcorn Hour A-110 (NMT) with an Apple TV 2.

However. Some sites state, that the iOS platform won't be able to see the iTunes library on my NAS without an iTunes client running on one of our PC's. Other sites state, that this is possible, without another PC running.

(The QNAP forums are also devided on this matter)

My question is.

Shouldn't I be able to access my iTunes library located on my NAS - from the Apple TV 2 - as long as the iTunes service is enabled, as well as 'home sharing' in iTunes?

It should be a nifty feature, that I can't understand should be so problematic to get clarification about.

- thanks in advance 🙂

P.S.: Should this work, shouldn't I be able to browse my media library, music, podcast, movies, etc. - or will it only be music that's available?
svedel77

Grafiker
Tilføjet:
01-02-2012 20:23:06
Svar/Indlæg:
2263/307
Aus English bitte

Qnap

Tilføjet:
04-02-2012 03:46:17
Svar/Indlæg:
2/0
Dear NoNig,

Thanks for the suggestion!

It is the limitation of Apple as they don't release any program for us to integrate with NAS. Now the only way is to through iPhone, iPad app "Remote" to control the music from NAS to play through Apple TV but you need to install QNAP beta QPKG "Airplay" to fulfill your demand. For more information, please refer to the link. http://pop3.qnap.com/viewforum...

If you have other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.Thanks! 🙂

Br,
Fanny Wang
QNAP Systems, Inc.