Grafikkort d.  27. juli. 2015, skrevet af Gripen90
Vist: 719 gange.

Gripen90

Senior Skribent
Tilføjet:
27-07-2015 12:42:25
Svar/Indlæg:
15982/637
Wizzard ved TPU har fået unlocked voltage kontrollen på Fury X. Men det er usikkert hvor mange der vill acceptere 3FPS mere, når det følges af næsten 150 watt mere oven i!
"Implementing voltage control on Fiji was more difficult than on most other cards. While the voltage controller on the cards is well-known and has support for I2C (a method to talk to the voltage chip from the host PC, through software), getting I2C to work on Fiji in the first place posed another set of challenges. Unlike NVIDIA, AMD does not provide good API support to developers, their ADL library is outdated and buggy, with updates spaced years apart. So most software utility developers implement hardware access directly in hardware, writing directly to the GPU registers, which AMD is changing around with every new GPU. AMD's developer support is pretty much non-existent these days. All my contact has been worried about for four weeks now is that I make sure I use AMD's "new" GPU codenames in GPU-Z (for the R9 300 Series re-brands).

With recent GPU generations, AMD has transitioned GPU management tasks away from the driver, onto a little micro-controller inside the GPU called SMC, which is handling jobs like clock control, power control and voltage control. On Fiji, this controller adjusts and monitors voltage dynamically, which helps with overall power consumption. However, it makes voltage control more difficult than before. When overriding voltage externally, the controller will sense a discrepancy between its target voltage and real voltage, and assume a fault has occurred, so it sends the GPU into its lowest clock state: 300 MHz. The voltage monitoring process also keeps the I2C bus very busy, which causes interference with other transactions, such as those sent by GPU-Z, to do its own monitoring. If two of these transactions overlap, the result data will be intermixed or faulty, which will cause the SMC to sense another possible fault, this time turning off the screen and setting fan speed to 100%, to avoid damage to the card."

http://www.techpowerup.com/mob...

Tråden blev redigeret 1 gang, sidst af Gripen90 d. 27-07-2015 14:40:29.
Hr.

Elitebruger
Tilføjet:
27-07-2015 12:52:28
Svar/Indlæg:
1363/125
Pjat, flere watt altid. ;)

Giver det noget i fire strike og fedt det gode gamle BF3 det testes i. 🤡

Svaret blev redigeret 1 gang, sidst af Hr. Soegaard d. 27-07-2015 12:52:38.

wilson

Elitebruger
Tilføjet:
27-07-2015 13:09:52
Svar/Indlæg:
779/21
OMG

Svaret blev redigeret 3 gange, sidst af wilson d. 27-07-2015 13:13:29.

martinbg

Elitebruger
Tilføjet:
27-07-2015 13:44:08
Svar/Indlæg:
2076/119
det virker da som en syg god deal 🤡